Recipes

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

First Frost!

It frosted last night, which finally brings my garden season to an end.  I still have lots work to do in the garden this fall, but none of it is particularly time sensitive.  Now is my favorite time of year, to curl up every morning with coffee and watch the trees slowly cycle from green into all their autumn glory.  This is the time I like to slow down, take a few breaths, and reflect on the year's work and count my blessings, my successes and my failures, and be thankful for the lessons I've learned.

I am so very, very thankful for this chance to live the life I want to live, able to grow my own food and live closer to the ebb and flow of mother nature than I would in a bigger town or a city.  It feels like I've sacrificed a lot to get here, but from where I'm standing today?

It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment